To buy tickets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_YQf-noAYQ&feature=youtu.be
To buy festival buy Festival Passes
Once a farming community, Arlington is now known for its wonderful mix of urban and suburban. While residents can commute easily into Boston, they also enjoy recreational opportunities offered by the Minuteman Bikeway, Spy Pond, and several parks. It was the home of sculptor Cyrus Dallin (1861-1944), the birthplace of Uncle Sam, and the site of the bloodiest fighting on the first day of the American Revolution. Arlington has a thriving cultural community that includes visual and performing arts. Its residents welcome visitors to visit its museums, enjoy its entertainment venues, and explore its diverse variety of restaurants.
At the time of the Revolutionary War, Arlington was known as Menotomy, a village of Cambridge. In 1807, it incorporated as the town of West Cambridge. In 1867, its name was changed to Arlington.
In a hollow on the Mill Brook in Arlington, Massachusetts, a woodworker today is making exquisite hand-turned oval frames on 19th century lathes in a wooden mill building dating from the time of the Civil War. The historic Old Schwamb Mill site itself survives as a continuously operating site where, for more than three hundred years, immigrant Puritan, Yankee, and German entrepreneurs harnessed the free water power of a narrow, fast moving brook to run machines and develop a series of family-owned businesses. The Mill's story is as compelling as the beauty of the frames produced here for the most recent 137 years.
Visitors to the Mill are cordially welcomed. The Mill is located on the Revolutionary Battle Route to Lexington and Concord, 17 Mill Lane at 29 Lowell Street, off 1215 Massachusetts Ave. in Arlington, Massachusetts. The three Mill buildings, including the woodworking shop, are open to the public on Tuesdays and Saturdays from 11:00 A.M. to 3:00 P. M. Machinery demonstrations are given in the woodworking shop. Please call ahead at 781-643-0554. The Mill’s website is http://www.oldschwambmill.org/main.html
The Jason Russell House, built in 1740, still bears bullet holes as the site of bloody fighting on the first day of the American Revolution. British soldiers, in retreat from Lexington and Concord, shot and bayoneted Jason Russell on his own doorstep. Eleven other area Minute Men, who had gathered in Arlington, due to its strategic location, also lost their lives here in the April 19, 1775 skirmish.
The Jason Russell House is owned and operated by the Arlington Historical Society. It is located on the corner of Jason Street and Massachusetts Avenue in Arlington Center. It is open for tours from mid-April through early October on Saturdays and Sundays from 1: 00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M. We regret that the House will not be open during the Film Festival, but hope that you will come back to visit in the spring. The Historical Society’s website is http://www.arlingtonhistorical.org/
Samuel Wilson, America’s “Uncle Sam,” was born in Arlington (then the village of Menotomy) on September 13, 1766. A statue memorializing his life sits in the Uncle Sam Plaza, adjacent to the Minuteman Bikeway, on Mystic Street (Route 60), in Arlington Center.